Digital signage is generally considered as one of the most powerful marketing and communication platforms for enterprises. Digital signage can be used for communicating and below are the common applications:
- Public information – news, weather, or information that is applicable for local needs such as where to find the information desk, flight departure or safety information etc
- Menu board – today’s offer with photos of the food, pricing, nutritional values etc
- Advertising – local promotional news, or general advertising messages for films, cosmetics etc
- Branding –in store display for branding purpose or customer engagement
- Influencing customer behaviour – influence customers by sending directional information on display or increase their dwelling time in specific store
- Enhancing customer experience – signage content to reduce perceived waiting time of the customers for example displaying medical related information in a clinic, or news in a bank.
- Enhancing the environment, create atmosphere – floor display or touch screen in a shop to enhance the atmosphere
- Internal information: Corporate messages, news for employees etc.
These are some of the typical communication channels* that digital signage can be used for and there are many more! Of course with the development of new technology such as Android signage or touch screen with Kinect, customer experience can be further enhanced and hence the brand image. During different time of the day digital signage can also play different roles, so we can say that it is everywhere and anytime.
In today’s blog we would like to invite you to join our latest webinar given by Clay Fazio, Advantech’s Associate Product Director to discuss about this topic and about how Advantech is focusing on the development and application of digital signage. Click below image to access the webinar.