Are you going to MWC17?
Meet the Advantech Team
Your NFVI Partner for the New IP Infrastructure
LTE & vRAN – On the road to 5G
MEC, Edge Cloud, Fog & IoT
5G Centralized & Distributed Security
vE-CPE & SD-WAN
At MWC17, the focus will not just be on new technology, but on procuring it as part of an off-the-shelf solution for the access network and network edge, deployable in 2017 in both field trials and production. If you are looking for opportunities to extend your reach beyond hyperscale data centers to network locations where reduced footprint, strict environmental constraints and higher availability are barriers to entry, consider scheduling some time to meet the Advantech Networks and Communications Group team and discover your next networking element. Together at NFV partner’s booths and in our executive meeting room we’ll be demonstrating the latest technology coupled with ecosystem software solutions from selected Network Builders.
Book a meeting with us. MWC17 is all about exchanging visions, sharing roadmaps and exploring new opportunities together.
Key Advantech Highlights at MWC17
LTE and vRAN – on the road to 5G
- The boundary of the Virtual Edge is being redefined. In this new virtual edge, very diverse radio protocols need to be supported and co-exist with new revenue generating applications. While new green field sites will need to be deployed, existing brown field sites will have to be retrofitted – this is where Advantech’s Packetarium XLc truly excels. It extends the same programming and deployment environment of the cloud to existing aggregation sites requiring a complete NFV makeover.
- Advantech’s latest Packetarium XLc carrier-grade blade servers are designed to meet increasing RAN densification trends by bringing higher aggregate compute performance out to the edge of the network.
- Easily connected to existing CPRI fronthaul, to additional small cells or new Ethernet-ready Remote Radio Heads (RRH), the system accelerates the process of building solutions for NB-IoT and vRAN.
Visit us at the Amarisoft booth (Hall 5 Stand 5K13) for a live vRAN demo – discover the flexibility it brings to System Integrators and the cost efficiencies that can be gained by MNOs. Read more →
MEC, Edge Cloud, Fog and IoT
- For edge cloud applications, whether in wireless, wireline or on-premise scenarios, Packetarium XLc also serves as a cloudlet or micro-datacenter in a box with the capacity to scale to hundreds of CPU cores, reducing latency in dense metro areas where new services can be deployed. It provides application developers with the means to connect cars or IoT gateways, serve augmented and virtual reality users on the move, or process images from surveillance cameras in near real-time.
- Advantech’s Packetarium XLc is the platform of choice for ETSI MEC Poc#7, orchestrated by Brocade, with software from Gigaspaces, Saguna and Vasona Networks. It is a “Multi-Service MEC Platform for Advanced Service Delivery,” bringing together a single unified infrastructure, NFV-O and cloud orchestration systems. It demonstrates the ability to support multiple MEC platforms and applications residing on shared and common computing infrastructure, each providing a unique value-add on traffic traversing the platform. Traffic is dynamically routed to select MEC platforms where MEC applications can provide data analytics, traffic optimization and network functions. The system leverages flexible service function chaining to enhance subscriber experience and operator visibility into network characteristics.
- For applications requiring less computing resources, our range of scalable network appliances and Carrier Grade SKY servers provide true server-class processing with rich and secure connectivity options that can provide low latency, data pre-processing and analytics. Complementing Advantech’s portfolio of IoT devices and gateways, these platforms can help to close the gaps in the network infrastructure for IoT deployments that can meet the desired quality of service metrics.
Reserve a meeting at the Advantech Executive Meeting Room (Hall 5L16MR) to take a closer look at our Platforms that enable scalable, secure and reliable Edge Computing. Read more →
5G Centralized and Distributed Security
- Based on the Advantech FWA-5020 dual Intel® Xeon® appliance with integrated crypto acceleration, and Wind River’s carrier-grade Titanium Server OS, Casa Systems’ Axyom ultra-broadband edge platform is a fully virtualized, integrated multi-access solution, which delivers multi-standard access functions for 3G/4G and trusted/untrusted Wi-Fi access. All the access and core network functions service providers need to enable ultra-broadband mobile and Wi-Fi services are available in the Axyom software platform.
- Deployable on-premise in a 1U COTS x86 server form factor, at the network edge or at a centralized location, Axyom’s flexible architecture enables placement of network functions where they make the most sense. This allows dramatic improvements in performance, protects the network core and enables higher QoE. Simultaneous scaling in multiple dimensions is enabled by Casa’s unique approach to NFV.
Reserve a meeting at the Casa Executive (Hall 2C5EMR) or the Advantech Executive Meeting Room (Hall 5L16MR) to discover how this unique modular, distributed architecture integrates multiple access and core functions on the same software platform Read more →
vE-CPE & SD-WAN
- With strong demand in the vE-CPE and SD-WAN markets, Advantech will showcase solutions at MWC17 based on Intel® System-on-Chip technology. Two Advantech FWA platforms have been selected by Tier-1 communication service providers (CSPs) and system integrators to fulfill massive network rollouts starting in 2017.
- The FWA-1010VC and FWA-3260 are off-the-shelf CPE platforms ideal for deploying virtual network functions (VNFs) and services in enterprise and small to medium businesses. The platforms are primarily destined for CSPs and enterprises leveraging the advantages of NFV and SDN to replace fixed function systems with an open platform running these functions as VNFs.
- Versa Network’s NFV-based SD-WAN and SD-Security solution allows service providers and large enterprise to deliver a comprehensive, cost-effective managed SD-WAN that includes advanced connectivity and security functions. Based on Versa virtualized network and security functions, coupled with white-box hardware, the Versa SD-WAN solution includes key managed service capabilities such as multi-tenancy, multi-service, elasticity and zero-touch provisioning to maximize service agility and reduce capital and operating costs.
- Advantech is also working closely with Wind River enabling online vE-CPE white-box testing with their NFV Platform. Advantech will be demonstrating a new portal to accelerate evaluation of Wind River Titanium Server vBCPE reference design developed in collaboration with NFV software partners Brocade, Check Point Software, Riverbed and ADVA Optical Networking
Reserve a meeting at the Advantech Executive Meeting Room (Hall 5L16MR) to take a closer look at our vE-CPE Platforms and experience a remote evaluation test-drive with one of our Platform Application Engineers. Read more →
Remote Evaluation Service
- Check out the 6WIND Portal running in our remote labs on a broad range of platforms and Canonical NFVI. 6WIND’s Virtual Accelerator and Turbo Appliances are available for customer and ecosystem evaluation using Advantech’s Remote Evaluation Services. At MWC we’ll be joining forces to demonstrate the 6WIND Virtual Accelerator running within the hypervisor domain and managed by OpenStack that allows new and existing virtual machines to be integrated quickly onto Advantech’s x86-based servers.
- In addition, we will connect to a Mirantis OpenStack Release 9.0 evaluation environment running on our Carrier Grade SKY Servers.
Reserve a meeting at the Advantech Executive Meeting Room (Hall 5L16MR) for a remote evaluation test-drive with one of our Platform Application Engineers.Read more →